Stein Handouts and Readings for Spring 2018
Required Article for April 27 Lecture on Brain
- Norman Geschwind, Language and the Brain. High and Low resolution
- Required Textbook: Widmaier EP, Raff H, Strang KT. Vander's Human Physiology: The Mechanisms of Body Function, 14th Edition, 2016.
- Only use the 14th Edition of "Vander's Human Physiology: The Mechanisms of Body Function." Stein's syllabus refers to specific pages in Vander's 14th Edition. During Stein's lectures, there will be specific mention of important figures from Vander's 14th Edition as well as key pages from Vander's 14th Edition. The pagination and figure numbers from Vander's 14th Edition are different from the pagination and figure numbers from prior editions. Therefore, do not use prior editions of Vander: only use Vander's 14th Edition.
- Stein has no information about the pagination and figure numbers of any of the "International" editions of Vander's Human Physiology 14th Edition. Do not use an "International" edition of Vander's Human Physiology 14th Edition.
- Vander's 14E is available in several different formats (Connect Access EBook, Loose-Leaf, and HardCover). You need to purchase only ONE of these formats. These formats are:
- Hardcover from the Campus Book Store available as buy or rent, new or used.
- Loose-Leaf from the Campus Book Store available only as buy new.
- Digital EBook Connect Online Access from the Campus Book Store for 6 months. When the Connect EBook is purchased from the Campus Store, there is an option to purchase a Loose-Leaf direct from McGraw-Hill at a reduced price after you have registered on the site for the EBook. You will need to go to the following URL to register your code for access to the Connect EBook:
Note that Biology 3058 uses only the EBook feature of Connect. It is not necessary to purchase the Connect EBook if you purchase the Hardcover or Loose-Leaf versions of Vander's 14E.
Natural Sciences Learning Center
Washington University - Biology
Copyright © 2000