Stein Handouts and Readings for Spring 2017
Required Article for April 28 Lecture on Brain
- Norman Geschwind, Language and the Brain. High and Low resolution
- Required Textbook: Widmaier EP, Raff H, Strang KT. Vander's Human Physiology: The Mechanisms of Body Function, 14th Edition, 2016.
- Only use the 14th Edition of "Vander's Human Physiology: The Mechanisms of Body Function." Stein's syllabus refers to specific pages in Vander's 14th Edition. During Stein's lectures, there will be specific mention of important figures from Vander's 14th Edition as well as key pages from Vander's 14th Edition. The pagination and figure numbers from Vander's 14th Edition are different from the pagination and figure numbers from prior editions. Therefore, do not use prior editions of Vander: only use Vander's 14th Edition.
- Stein has no information about the pagination and figure numbers of any of the "International" editions of Vander's Human Physiology 14th Edition. Do not use an "International" edition of Vander's Human Physiology 14th Edition.
- Vander's 14E is available in several different formats (Smart Book EBook, Connect Access EBook, Loose-Leaf, and HardCover. You need to purchase only ONE of these formats. These formats are:
- SmartBook EBook direct from McGraw Hill website for $80 for 6 months (no option to purchase Loose-Leaf).
Once you purchase the Vander 14E SmartBook EBook, then McGraw Hill will provide information to access the SmartBook EBook.
- Connect Access EBook direct from McGraw Hill website for $105 for 6 months with option to purchase Loose-Leaf direct from McGraw Hill website for another $60.
Connect Access EBook for Vander 14E includes the SmartBook EBook for Vander 14E and additional features (e.g., homework, assignments, etc.). These additional features are not used in Bio 3058. If Connect Access for Vander 14E is purchased direct from McGraw Hill, then the Loose-Leaf Vander 14E is available for another $60 once you have purchased the Connect Access direct from McGraw Hill. You will need to go to the following URL to register your code for access to the Connect EBook:
This URL is not used for SmartBook Access.
- Connect Access EBook from Campus Book Store for $142.75 for 6 months. When the Connect Plus EBook is purchased from the Campus Store, there is no option to purchase a Loose-Leaf at a reduced price. You will need to go to the following URL to register your code for access to the Connect EBook:
- Loose-Leaf from Campus Book Store for $212.50;
- HardCover from Campus Book Store (prices range from $282.75 buy/new to $113.10 rent/used).
- If you encounter problems with the SmartBook or the Connect Access EBooks from McGraw Hill, please call the McGraw Hill Education Direct Customer Service Line (800) 331-5094.
Natural Sciences Learning Center
Washington University - Biology
Copyright © 2000